A Statement Of Principles
Popular opinion has it that I’m generally a fine fellow. My vices are small, harmless and of little consequence. I love my family, small children and big dogs but not necessarily always in that order (it depends).
While usually quite docile, if provoked I have been known to bite. (public advisory: Do not poke the bear).
What I Do
- I write.
- I analyze what it means to write.
- I examine what it means to lead a moral, ethical life.
- To the best of my abilities, I try to adhere to those standards.
- I try to discover why I so often fall short of those noble goals.
- I observe and attempt to communicate the essence of what I have seen.
- I give with no expectation of return.
- I pay my taxes and honour the flag.
What I Do Not Do
- I do not hate.
- I do not judge.
- I do not belittle.
- I do not disparage.
- I do not discriminate.
- I do not harm (with malice).
- I do not tolerate cruelty in any form.
- I do not intentionally scare small children.
- I do not kick dogs or other animals (but will occasionally make exceptions for cats).
Leave a Reply